EW Recruitment Services is committed to protecting the privacy of our candidates, clients and users of our website. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
EW Recruitment Services, through the business manager, is responsible for the processing of personal data that is collected and processed. This responsibility includes compliance with the regulations for the processing of personal data, including the implementation of related internal controls. The responsibility also includes that any deviations from current guidelines and legislation are reported and corrected.
The information we collect and how we use it
EW Recruitment Services may collect your personal details, including but not limited to your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV.
We process the personal data that is necessary to be able to provide our services. If you are to be able to use our services, some of this information is mandatory. It may be appropriate to collect additional information in order to better match our tasks with your requirements and qualifications and to meet customer requests. You are responsible for the accuracy and relevance of the information provided.
This section specifically relates to documents with personal data.
- · Name and address information, email address and other contact information
- · Date of birth, age and gender
- · CV with information on education, work experience and language skills
- · Information on courses, training, tests and certificates
- · Information about vacancies
- · Information about next of kin and their contact details
- · Other information which is or could be important in relation to the assessment of your competences, including references and test results
- · Possible video presentation
- · National insurance number
- · Nationality
- · Image identification
- · Information relating to taxation and any leave
- · Work and residence permits (exclusively for persons from countries other than the UK)
- · Other information in relation to personnel administration, salary and registration of absence
This may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin. This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- To provide our services to you;
- To maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- To enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions and competitions, reports and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- To pass on to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as EW Recruitment Services;
- To pass on to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems, or software providers who we utilise for online timesheets. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Education World;
- We may pass data to Third Parties where we are required to by regulations or legislation, such as HMRC and Pension providers and to prospective or intended employers (or third parties assisting them in the recruitment process) and to our clients to allow you to carry out your assignment with them.
- If EW Recruitment Services or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
We may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
We may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting and is not shared with anybody else.
EW Recruitment Services may process, among other things, information included in the following groups, which is necessary for providing our services to our clients and candidates:
- Basic information, such as the name of the establishment and contact information
- Name and contact information of contact persons
- Information related to maintaining the customer relationship, such as order information, information about meetings, etc. possible memos and recordings, etc., contract information, possible direct marketing permits and prohibitions, other communication between the parties and information on the transmission of information necessary to maintain the customer relationship
- Basic information, such as name, contact information, gender, date of birth
- In order to assess suitability for work, special information related to education, occupation, special skills, information on permits and certificates related to work, etc. (such as information on driver's license, hot work permit, etc.), as well as, within the framework defined by legislation, credit information, information on security clearances and the presentation of a criminal background report with identifying information, as well as the job applicant's personal and information related to suitability assessment tests and possible drug tests
- Information related to the job seeker's previous or current employment relationships, such as employers, starting times and durations of the employment relationship, and the quality of work tasks
- Recommendations given by the job seeker or information given by recommenders named by the job seeker
Information regarding the job seeker's job search, such as wishes for the applied job, desired salary, applied place of work, possible information related to starting and ending work
- Other information given by the job seeker that is appropriate for evaluating the job seeker's competence, experience and suitability, such as interview notes, possible restrictions regarding work, or information about hobbies, positions of trust, etc.
Employees, in addition to the aforementioned information about job seekers, the information necessary to maintain the employment relationship, such as:
- Information necessary to enter into an employment relationship, such as social security number or information from an identity card or residence permit, etc.
- Information necessary for the implementation of the salary payment, etc. benefit, such as information on work performance, working hours, absences, salary or bonus bases, bank contact information, etc.
- Information necessary to maintain occupational safety and well-being, such as information about the employee's health and information about the next of kin
- Information necessary to evaluate performance at work, such as customer feedback, assessments of performance at work given by employer associations, possible comments or warnings, etc.
- Information necessary for the implementation of mutual rights and obligations related to the employment relationship, such as notes on discussions between EW Recruitment Services and the employee, such as development discussions, or negotiations, such as salary negotiations.
To subscribe to job alerts emails, you will be required to provide your e-mail address, which will be used for the purpose of keeping you informed, by e-mail, of the latest jobs in your nominated industry and/or will provide you with industry news. Should you decide that you no longer wish to receive this information, information on how to unsubscribe are provided in every job alert email that you receive. Job alerts emails are sent by EW Recruitment Services.
Curriculum vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our Recruitment Consultants for positions as they arise. Your CV will be stored in the EW Recruitment Services database and will be accessible by Education World Recruitment Consultants in the UK. You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV.
Aggregate Information about EW Recruitment Services online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website for example, which area users access most frequently, and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
All telephone history is recorded through EW Recruitment Services cloud based system. We use this data for referencing purposes in the occasion of agreements, settlements, legal determinations and for internal practices. You have the right to request or delete your individual telephone history if it discusses personal data. We will adhere to this request, unless it is for legitimate business reasons where we will inform you.
How is this data safeguarded?
The security of your data is extremely important to us. The information is collected in databases that are protected by firewalls, passwords and other technical means. The databases are located in locked and guarded premises, and the information can only be accessed by certain pre-defined persons who have been given a separately defined right of access.
Access to your personal data is only provided to our staff and Third Parties as stated above. We will retain your data no longer than is necessary; Because we process wages for Temporary Workers we need to retain data for 6 years after their last assignment ends to comply with our obligations to HMRC, the Pensions Regulator and Limitation Act 1980. For Work-Seekers where we have not processed payroll, the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 dictate that we retain their data for 1 year. Following the relevant period we will dispose of your data securely. If we suffer a data breach, e.g. a loss or theft of personal data we will inform the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) and if there is a high risk to you we will tell you.
You have the right at any time to ask us for a copy of the information supplied by you that we hold. You have the right to make a subject access request (SAR) we will respond to you within 1 month; this can be extended to 2 months in certain circumstances. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request and will give you reasons for doing so. If you would like to make a request for information, please contact email@example.com. You also have the right to ask EW Recruitment Services to stop using your information. However, if this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so. We will not charge you or refuse to respond to your SAR unless you have made repeated requests for the same information.
We need your consent for some aspects of these activities which are not covered by our legitimate interests (in particular, the collection of data via cookies, and the delivery of direct marketing to you through digital channels) and, depending on the situation, we'll ask for this via an opt-in or soft-opt-in (which we explain further below). Please note that in certain of the jurisdictions in which we operate, we comply with additional local law requirements. Soft opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies where you have previously engaged with us (for example by submitting a job application or CV, or registering a vacancy to be filled), and we are marketing other recruitment-related services. Under ‘soft opt-in’ consent, we will take your consent as given unless or until you opt out. For most people, this is beneficial as it allows us to suggest other jobs to you alongside the specific one you applied for, significantly increasing the likelihood of us finding you a new position. For other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent.
Right to opt-out
If you are not happy about our approach to marketing or no longer wish for us to market to you, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on an unsubscribe link, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Whilst we will comply with this request, we want to let you know that even if you have opted out from our marketing communications, it is possible that your details may be recaptured through public sources in an unconnected marketing campaign. We will try to make sure this doesn't happen, but if it does, we're sorry. We'd just ask that in those circumstances you opt out again.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal data in this way.
EW Recruitment Services is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
Under the GDPR regulations you also have the right to:
- Request Data Subject Access Requests (DSAR) by asking us to confirm what information we hold about you at any time, and request us to modify, update or delete such information. We may ask you to verify your identity and for more information about your request. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive". If you request further copies of this information from us, we may charge you a reasonable administrative cost where legally permissible. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons for doing so.
Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have to override legitimate grounds to use it.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
We hope that we can assist you and resolve any concerns relating to the collection, processing, storing, handling and deletion of your data, however, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Contact Details and Registered Office
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Education World Ltd
Unit 8, Bankside
Company Number 5466191 Registered in England and Wales.